Skip to main content

Rue Des Fleurs Valentine Card

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today I am posting a Valentine Card I sent to my good friend, Maria. Maria and I are both kindred spirits in that a) we love making cards and crafting, and b) we used to be on the same SU Inks Team.

Nowadays, we exchange cards and naturally Valentine's Day is a great day for card lovers!  I hope lots and lots of young and old couples, friends and family members and professionals, students - everyone receives or gives a Valentines to someone special today !!! 

And as always, if YOU know someone who could use a nice surprise - give them one with a kind gesture in the form of a little something you made.  It could make their week!

OK - here it is.....featuring Stampin' Up!'s RUE DES FLEURS Stamp Set.  I know I got this back nearly a year ago {really?}...but I was kinda waiting for a special day, so I used it - hurray!

I also used a new embossing folder I picked up last week, Cuttlebug's PINKING STITCH.
I really love it! My lace doily is by Wiltons, the baking people. Its a nice coaster size, about 4 inches.


 I made this paper bow. Just following on the "pinking theme" and cut 2 narrow strips of cardstock,
one was rolled and pinched into a sorta-rose shape, lol! The other strip, folded into a loop. I glued the loop down into position and glued the rose down, pressing into place. 
Now, the stitching in brown is real - that's crochet thread. I always love to use crochet thread. 
You get a nice effect quickly. However, I faux-stitched lines onto the pink cardstock with
a white gel pen.  See - there is a teeny-weeny gem on the corset's bow! 



 HOW I STAMPED THIS.....was a little nerve-wracking!  The CORSET and its bouquet of 
flowers is ONE image - the STICK adorned with a rose is another separate image. 
I stamped the corset using an ink pad in Melon Mambo. I used a marker in Espresso 
and inked the HANDLE of the stamp set's  " UMBRELLA".....and masked the corset, then
stamped the handle overtop.  They are a close fit, but I needed to fill in some more flowers
at the top of the corset where a tiny 'gap' happened. I aligned the handle and the corset perfectly
when I practiced it, and was slightly off-set when I did the real stamping - of course!




Well, there it is.....the pink satin bow was a piece I had stashed, so I feel very 
good about this card!   I have already heard Maria "loved it", so that was well worth it!

SUPPLIES

Stampin' Up! Rue Des Fleurs Stamp Set
Cuttlebug's Pinking Stitch Embossing Folder with Border



Other: Melon Mambo, Early Espresso INKS; White Gel Pen; Naturals, Pink CARDSTOCK; Crochet Thread, Big Shot Machine, Glues, Satin Ribbon and Gem Embellishment. 

**************

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Birthday Card

 Have a friend who appreciates the gothic sensibilities? Then dig into your creative spirit and look at the norm through a wonderful, rich and dark prism!  I chose a designer paper with a fab colour set. Next why do butterflies when a moth will be better?  Here Tim Holtz’s Funky Insects die set does the trick. To make it a tad interesting I placed a pocket inside and crafted a ATC which doubled as a coffee gift card holder. A second large tag holds my message. Well crafters, explore your options and enjoy!

Funky Insects Tim Holtz - first projects

  Funky Insects Thinlits Dies (not including bee die shown upper left ) Tim Holtz's Funky Insects are a hoot to play with. I am just playing to discover the million-gazillion ways to colour each bug and not concerned with how to design projects featuring them yet. Here's a tall slimline card, an A2 card and an ATC that l've created so far. To get inspired, you only have to look at the amazing designers that contribute to Tim's Chapter releases such as this year's Chapter 2 release.  To be honest, l was not bothered cutting so many parts for the different insects as l thought l might be....time flew by as l cut batches of the body 'base' and then spent most of my time inking, embossing, painting, etc the wings and body sections. There lies the fun!

Easter "Scallop Circle" Chick Card

Isn't this the cutest!  The second I laid eyes on the card which inspired me - I was OMG !  So I had to do one! IT'S A  EASY - QUICK 5 MIN. PROJECT!  GREAT KIDS PROJECT!  We made ours  after having breakfast  and  in no time flat! Technique: You can see from the pictures that you must fold your cardstock at the 5-1/2 mark, and CUT the Scallop Circle LEAVING A SMALL PART OF THE FOLD OVERHANGING THE CIRCLE OUTLINE - that is how you make a card - and not 2 Scallop Circles. A small scallop punch is cut into wedges - those make up the wings. Punch your other parts, fold the square on the diagonal for its beak, then glue everything on. We highlighted the eyes and beak - voila! Basic Supplies:  CARDSTOCK: 11x8 in. yellow, 1 in square orange scrap, black scrap; BIG SHOT XL BIGZ DIE: Scallop Circle; HAND PUNCHES:  flower, scallop circle (any size), small circle punch; Other:  1" square orange cardstock, white gel pen, glue.