Skip to main content

My New Coffee Bar

I made a coffee bar!  It's not finished in the way I want - but its a start !  I'm actually very happy with it as I have used it twice since last night and it works pretty good. I need to go out to buy some new coffee mugs to help since the few nice ones I have are too few - or t
hey are my 'summer' coffee mugs and are a little too bright for now. Yes, I have "summer" mugs, lol!  Well, you know how it is - any excuse to shop!

But the whole reason I had to create a coffee bar is because of this baby - right here ....

...my brand spanking new KitchenAid MIXER!  Oh yeah! It is getting its initial run this morning - biscotti coming up!  I am very excited because biscotti I love, but my hands hate mixing the dough!
So when this beauty was on sale last week-end for only $199 plus I qualified for free shipping AND they threw in the bowl shield free - I couldn't pass it up!  Besides it still qualified as my 
" birthday week-end"  whoo-hoo to me!  A little present for myself! 

So since I have almost zero counter space - something had to give! Hence the coffee station!

Here it is....I brought out a small desk from my craft room, it was only holding up my printer, so no biggie - my other vintage 'school' desk is doing that now.  Then I put a small, hard, uh, not sure what you call it - oh! Placemat!... one that was so ugly on its front surface, that I flipped it over and stamped a nice design on it with a large background stamp that is a retired SU! piece. I found the placemat and thought it would be cool for something one day - see you just never know. Now it protects my desk from the heat of the coffee machine. 

Next we hung up a small shelf above so I could have some mugs out or something related to the whole idea. I am actually using my china hutch which is situated to the right, as where I can store lots of coffee mugs and small dessert plates - so that will be another project! Sweet!


Click on pic to view larger. 



I made an arrangement as best I could, and I can add things as I find them, so this is a work in progress. I take my coffee black, so the sugar, cream can all come out when I have guests. 
Anyways, feels like fun when I go to my 'special' spot now to prepare or serve myself coffee! 

Now hopefully I'll have biscotti for this afternoon's coffee break! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Birthday Card

 Have a friend who appreciates the gothic sensibilities? Then dig into your creative spirit and look at the norm through a wonderful, rich and dark prism!  I chose a designer paper with a fab colour set. Next why do butterflies when a moth will be better?  Here Tim Holtz’s Funky Insects die set does the trick. To make it a tad interesting I placed a pocket inside and crafted a ATC which doubled as a coffee gift card holder. A second large tag holds my message. Well crafters, explore your options and enjoy!

Funky Insects Tim Holtz - first projects

  Funky Insects Thinlits Dies (not including bee die shown upper left ) Tim Holtz's Funky Insects are a hoot to play with. I am just playing to discover the million-gazillion ways to colour each bug and not concerned with how to design projects featuring them yet. Here's a tall slimline card, an A2 card and an ATC that l've created so far. To get inspired, you only have to look at the amazing designers that contribute to Tim's Chapter releases such as this year's Chapter 2 release.  To be honest, l was not bothered cutting so many parts for the different insects as l thought l might be....time flew by as l cut batches of the body 'base' and then spent most of my time inking, embossing, painting, etc the wings and body sections. There lies the fun!

Easter "Scallop Circle" Chick Card

Isn't this the cutest!  The second I laid eyes on the card which inspired me - I was OMG !  So I had to do one! IT'S A  EASY - QUICK 5 MIN. PROJECT!  GREAT KIDS PROJECT!  We made ours  after having breakfast  and  in no time flat! Technique: You can see from the pictures that you must fold your cardstock at the 5-1/2 mark, and CUT the Scallop Circle LEAVING A SMALL PART OF THE FOLD OVERHANGING THE CIRCLE OUTLINE - that is how you make a card - and not 2 Scallop Circles. A small scallop punch is cut into wedges - those make up the wings. Punch your other parts, fold the square on the diagonal for its beak, then glue everything on. We highlighted the eyes and beak - voila! Basic Supplies:  CARDSTOCK: 11x8 in. yellow, 1 in square orange scrap, black scrap; BIG SHOT XL BIGZ DIE: Scallop Circle; HAND PUNCHES:  flower, scallop circle (any size), small circle punch; Other:  1" square orange cardstock, white gel pen, glue.