Skip to main content

PAPER GARDEN's MOTHER's DAY CARDS 2018




*click on photos for close-up views

Welcome everyone to my blog!  
created a card using Paper-Garden's beautiful cardstock
 and a few of my favourite dies and techniques. 

To see how you can help determine the winners for the challenge, see below. 

close-up 
Choosing beautiful colours to celebrate Mother's Day was fairly 
easy as I always love the combo of pink, green and white!  
To make it more fabulous, Paper-Garden's soft shimmering cardstock 
really adds that lovely quality you'd want in a card for your Mom!
 Look for their Curious Metallics cardstock. The white base of 
my card is their sturdy cover weight in Ice Silver. I am a real fan now!

I chose to use my Fantasy Floral 3D Die Set from Altenew, and my 
Large Lace Faerie Queen (butterfly) die.  I wanted the title MOM
to be simple and in subtle contrast to the fussiness of the flowers
and butterfly!  White on white is always so clean and fresh!
The flowers were cut from Altenew's 3D type dies and I watercoloured
the flowers using watercolour pencils. 



Inside card
I fell in love with this gorgeous green cardstock immediately! 
It's called Stardream Fairway. 
It's shimmer is distinct and I am sorry if that is not easily seen in
my pictures, but trust me, you will love it. In expressing a sentiment
to one's Mom you can't go wrong with a simple visual of hearts!


close-up 
The butterfly is very detailed and requires attention to die-cut it well. 
But I used a cardstock that has a tone-on-tone satin-to-matte finish and when you 
sponge ink onto it, the pattern becomes more obvious. I layered the die so I
could fluff up the butterfly. The same goes for the hearts - everything helps
to add dimension and life to this card.  

I hope you've enjoyed my card, and thank you for visiting.

Paper-Garden is awarding prizes for their challenge. 
If you care to vote to determine the winners, please go to their site HERE. 
Choose a card from one of participant's by selecting their blog from 'Vote for my fav"
To vote for my card :  select the blog bstampingbeehive.blogspot.com 
and thank you!  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beauty! Very fresh and modern.
Anonymous said…
Lovely card Beverly! Great job!
Thanks, it's nice you stopped by!

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Birthday Card

 Have a friend who appreciates the gothic sensibilities? Then dig into your creative spirit and look at the norm through a wonderful, rich and dark prism!  I chose a designer paper with a fab colour set. Next why do butterflies when a moth will be better?  Here Tim Holtz’s Funky Insects die set does the trick. To make it a tad interesting I placed a pocket inside and crafted a ATC which doubled as a coffee gift card holder. A second large tag holds my message. Well crafters, explore your options and enjoy!

Funky Insects Tim Holtz - first projects

  Funky Insects Thinlits Dies (not including bee die shown upper left ) Tim Holtz's Funky Insects are a hoot to play with. I am just playing to discover the million-gazillion ways to colour each bug and not concerned with how to design projects featuring them yet. Here's a tall slimline card, an A2 card and an ATC that l've created so far. To get inspired, you only have to look at the amazing designers that contribute to Tim's Chapter releases such as this year's Chapter 2 release.  To be honest, l was not bothered cutting so many parts for the different insects as l thought l might be....time flew by as l cut batches of the body 'base' and then spent most of my time inking, embossing, painting, etc the wings and body sections. There lies the fun!

Easter "Scallop Circle" Chick Card

Isn't this the cutest!  The second I laid eyes on the card which inspired me - I was OMG !  So I had to do one! IT'S A  EASY - QUICK 5 MIN. PROJECT!  GREAT KIDS PROJECT!  We made ours  after having breakfast  and  in no time flat! Technique: You can see from the pictures that you must fold your cardstock at the 5-1/2 mark, and CUT the Scallop Circle LEAVING A SMALL PART OF THE FOLD OVERHANGING THE CIRCLE OUTLINE - that is how you make a card - and not 2 Scallop Circles. A small scallop punch is cut into wedges - those make up the wings. Punch your other parts, fold the square on the diagonal for its beak, then glue everything on. We highlighted the eyes and beak - voila! Basic Supplies:  CARDSTOCK: 11x8 in. yellow, 1 in square orange scrap, black scrap; BIG SHOT XL BIGZ DIE: Scallop Circle; HAND PUNCHES:  flower, scallop circle (any size), small circle punch; Other:  1" square orange cardstock, white gel pen, glue.