Spring cards are on my mind because Easter and warmer, brighter days are on their way, hurray!
So I usually like to do 2 things with my projects about now.....I like soft, muted or cheerful, bright colour palettes. Today I combined green, lilac and white, a real fab colour combination!
My first card this week also was a bit of an experiment beginning with a plaid.
· one of my punched border layers begins at an angle and slowly disappears by the card's right edge,
· also the main focal point, the scalloped circle and the Spellbinders Label 13 die- cuts were off-set to the right side,
· I attached 3 buttons over to the left in order to balance the design,
· I turned plain white twine ‘ lilac’ by rubbing it with pastel chalk,
· using a Stampin' Up! wheel I added musical notes over top of green/cream plaid cardstock.
To make it 'spring-like', my card base is a crisp white, and white always brings life to cards like nothing else!
All and all, I like the final card because its "quiet" and perhaps even slightly masculine? Something which I don't do enough of. I hope someone who receives this will enjoy it!
Cheers and hope you're enjoying good weather too! :)