Skip to main content

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

....and I hope everyone is having a lovely, lovely holiday!




On Monday, we shared our time and supplies with the families staying at Ronald McDonald House - and we created these really great Scrapbook-In-A-Box projects.  Due to security I've concealed the identiies of a special girl and her Mom - the lil crown and star indicate they're there! I put a silly hat on me to be equally unidentifiable - well, somewhat, lol! It's not my best look :) Anyways, anyone who made a box for the first time - was super-duper at it, terrific looking boxes! I caught one of the fathers looking at every move I was making - cutting, folding - and so I asked him if he was interested in trying - and he sure was!  He jumped in and was quite eagerly making his box!  And of course, it looked great! He loved all the little doo-dads and dedicated tools - maybe I ought to set up a table at Canadian Tire cuz that makes 2 men in a month that I've see going at this like crazy'!  Girls - make a note - get your hubby or fav guy in on this with you!  :)



Anyways, want to have your own party? Just throw some select stamps in a bucket and along with the rest of the supplies - its a great group activity!



Because of the range of ages at the RMH - this project was perfect because each family can work on one "all together", or a young person can work on one all of their own!  It doesn't matter what age is involved, because the very youngest can do what they do best -scribble  away! And using a pen or marker onto cardstock - which then can be added to the whole design - also they can help glue, put on snowflakes....its not hard. Actually, it can get a little 'sticky' when you want them to stop, ahem!  

Here's another version - the one I made at our Demonstrators Holiday Party  - and below it you'll see it open when you pop off the lid It falls open - and the center section can have even more surprises if you make a small folded tag!  A loving message for grandma? A perfect suggestion also came from one of the staff - its a box to hold a cupcake! 

You can go with any theme - put pictures, verses, stories - anything inside or on one or all of the 4 outer sides!  Use your imagination, but they are sooooo much fun to decorate!  My daughter is simply taken by them, and if she thinks they're cool - then that's great by me!




FUN WALL DECORATING - EASY AS CHRISTMAS PIE!

Before I go, I will show you what I have adorning our hall wall  [can we say that fast 10 times?].... I used Stampin' Up!'s Decor Elements on my wall!  They're temporary - and you can have some fun like I did!  By simply following the directions [and I suggest you do!] its a straightforward task. Here you can see the brown "FLOURISH FRAME" shape has both dots and a line border - so its momentarily a bit longer and with caution, but it works out fine in the end!

In addition,  I ordered 2 female classic stick figures and 1 dog figurine  from the "All IN THE FAMILY " section (pg 27 of our DEFINITELY DECORATIVE CATALOG  and placed them over the brown frame - and when I am finished with the holidays, off will come the lil hats!

In place of the stick figures - add words like 'Family' or 'ABC' ....well, you get the idea!



Well, I must go and take the lil guy out for his walk! 
So, once again,....
Merry Christmas and a safe holiday to you all!
Oxox
Beverly and family.

Keep on crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gothic Birthday Card

 Have a friend who appreciates the gothic sensibilities? Then dig into your creative spirit and look at the norm through a wonderful, rich and dark prism!  I chose a designer paper with a fab colour set. Next why do butterflies when a moth will be better?  Here Tim Holtz’s Funky Insects die set does the trick. To make it a tad interesting I placed a pocket inside and crafted a ATC which doubled as a coffee gift card holder. A second large tag holds my message. Well crafters, explore your options and enjoy!

Funky Insects Tim Holtz - first projects

  Funky Insects Thinlits Dies (not including bee die shown upper left ) Tim Holtz's Funky Insects are a hoot to play with. I am just playing to discover the million-gazillion ways to colour each bug and not concerned with how to design projects featuring them yet. Here's a tall slimline card, an A2 card and an ATC that l've created so far. To get inspired, you only have to look at the amazing designers that contribute to Tim's Chapter releases such as this year's Chapter 2 release.  To be honest, l was not bothered cutting so many parts for the different insects as l thought l might be....time flew by as l cut batches of the body 'base' and then spent most of my time inking, embossing, painting, etc the wings and body sections. There lies the fun!

Easter "Scallop Circle" Chick Card

Isn't this the cutest!  The second I laid eyes on the card which inspired me - I was OMG !  So I had to do one! IT'S A  EASY - QUICK 5 MIN. PROJECT!  GREAT KIDS PROJECT!  We made ours  after having breakfast  and  in no time flat! Technique: You can see from the pictures that you must fold your cardstock at the 5-1/2 mark, and CUT the Scallop Circle LEAVING A SMALL PART OF THE FOLD OVERHANGING THE CIRCLE OUTLINE - that is how you make a card - and not 2 Scallop Circles. A small scallop punch is cut into wedges - those make up the wings. Punch your other parts, fold the square on the diagonal for its beak, then glue everything on. We highlighted the eyes and beak - voila! Basic Supplies:  CARDSTOCK: 11x8 in. yellow, 1 in square orange scrap, black scrap; BIG SHOT XL BIGZ DIE: Scallop Circle; HAND PUNCHES:  flower, scallop circle (any size), small circle punch; Other:  1" square orange cardstock, white gel pen, glue.