Skip to main content

Easter Cake Stand Centerpiece

Happy Easter!

I'm happy today because its Easter {closer and closer to "patio" weather - yeah!} and another chance to relax with no cares or worries for the day, but a chance to bond with family and friends. We already had a nice surprise with friends bringing us a Easter basket of homemade cupcakes - how sweet of them!  Thanks to the Moores - Mom Mary, Emily, Bridget and Margaret!  The girls {the guys we barely see, lol} are terrif!

But I didn't do too much this year for decorating but I DID manage a centerpiece!

You can turn those CAKE STANDS into great centerpieces - and actually, the Moores gave me this cake stand many years ago for my b-day!

Here is how I made it:
I simply arrange some faux leaf brances entwined with straw grass around the plate. In the center I placed a small twig basket.

Next I arranged my ceramic BUNNIES. I put a small can in the center of the twig basket [weighed down with marbles] and placed a small 4 inch doily on the top of the can's lid. I place some double-sided tape to the bottom of one Bunny and stuck it to the doily/can.

The second Bunny I sat on the plate along with another small pretty lilac basket.

Sprinkled easter eggs all around the plate, a few twigs of faux flowers and a few butterflies!

All together, not even 30 minutes and voila!




I like it - its nature-inspired!  I hope to have more ideas ready for next Easter like this....I HOPE YOU DO enjoy a centerpiece of your own, Happy Easter!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Tags!

That is exactly what I had with this tag.....amongst all the oodles of cards I am making for a craft fair coming up, I am taking breaks by making projects that use all kinds of different elements.  Sort of like a cardstock 'stew', lol.                                                          Cute  Gift Tag or Notecard TAG BASE  1. First, I started with a small piece of cardstock of 3 x 6 inches, folded to create a square 3 x 3 inch tag. 2.  I layered a BAJA BREEZE cardstock square on top of the tag - I used my SCALLOP TRIM CORNER PUNCH to create the pretty corners! 3. To rev it up a bit, I glittered the bottom of the tag with some of Dazzling Diamonds. TAG DECORATION 4. I stamped  my lil' WALRUS  on a punched out '1-3/4 in.' Circle  of Whisper White cardstock  - then while I "maske...

Beautiful Birthday Card from my Daughter

I was ' speechless ' on my birthday when my daughter presented me with her own hand-made card for me! Reason is that when we got up that morning we were in each other's company and yet somehow she managed to sneak off into my craft room and pull this together without me knowing it - - I was totally caught off guard, lol -- and loved it!!! She has always impressed me with her creativity because she doesn't do hand-craft items very often - she is more of an 'online creator' - I have her to thank for all my web banners and general blog technical help :) I was happy to see the cute butterfly resting on the branch, that is something I would not of thought of! Anyways, it was a lovely gesture and a thoughtful card. Beverly SUPPLIES LIST  Stampin' Up!   Eastern Bloom and Kindred Spirit stamp sets. Bella Rose  Designer Paper Pink Pirouette cardstock. 

PAPER GARDEN's MOTHER's DAY CARDS 2018

*click on photos for close-up views Welcome everyone to my blog!   As part of the Paper-Garden's 2018 Mother's Day Cards Challenge I have created a card using Paper-Garden's beautiful cardstock  and a few of my favourite dies and techniques.  To see how you can help determine the winners for the challenge, see below.  close-up  Choosing beautiful colours to celebrate Mother's Day was fairly  easy as I always love the combo of pink, green and white!   To make it more fabulous, Paper-Garden's soft shimmering cardstock  really adds that lovely quality you'd want in a card for your Mom!  Look for their Curious Metallics cardstock. The white base of  my card is their sturdy cover weight in Ice Silver. I am a real fan now! I chose to use my Fantasy Floral 3D Die Set from Altenew , and my  Large Lace Faerie Queen (butterfly) die.  I wanted the title MOM to be simple and in s...