Skip to main content

My Aunts " Because I Care" card on this World Card Making Day!

Helloooooo!

It's late and I need to get to bed but not before......
...showing you my card for my lovely Aunt who is 97!  She is incredible and I don't get around to sending cards as often as I should!  So I hope to make it up to her with one of these.....hers is the one with the full set of pearl/gemstones along the bottom {I ran out on the other one - it happens ha ha}

CLICK on PICTURES to see a larger view.


[make 2 cards at the same time!]

For her - coming from the era that she does, a modern card design just would not do!  So I made a sort of vintage style. Its a pretty stamp set and very versatile - you could do many styles with this stamp!

I stamped the flower 3 separate times in Chocolate Chip ink - and coloured each image in different chalk shades from yellows to oranges to cherry.  Then I carefully cut away some of the yellow flower and orange flower to make 2 layers to go on top of the main stamp image which was coloured in the deeper cherry to help create 'depth'.   A couple of orange-yellow gems were added on the top layer to sparkle like dew drops!

My Aunt has always loved her lace - so I given her ol' style lace paired with cheery grosgrain polka dot ribbon!   It's a nice compliment to the vintage feel and the nice fall colouring.



[see the separate layers?]

[ different hues of fall]


This stamp set, Because I Care was a perk given to us Stampin' Up! Demonstrators earlier this year and this was my first time using it - I think its a great stamp set. You can also obtain one of your own as it is now a Hostess Level 1 stamp set.

Off it goes!  And I made a 6 page letter to tuck inside - now that should make up for lost time!

STAMPIN' UP! SUPPLIES FOR CARD

Stamp: Because I Care  [Hostess Level 1 set]
Cardstock: Natural White, Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango {Alternative: Tangerine Tango, More Mustard}
Ribbon: Polka Dot Grosgrain
Colouring: Stampin' Pastel Chalks,
Misc:  Glues 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Tags!

That is exactly what I had with this tag.....amongst all the oodles of cards I am making for a craft fair coming up, I am taking breaks by making projects that use all kinds of different elements.  Sort of like a cardstock 'stew', lol.                                                          Cute  Gift Tag or Notecard TAG BASE  1. First, I started with a small piece of cardstock of 3 x 6 inches, folded to create a square 3 x 3 inch tag. 2.  I layered a BAJA BREEZE cardstock square on top of the tag - I used my SCALLOP TRIM CORNER PUNCH to create the pretty corners! 3. To rev it up a bit, I glittered the bottom of the tag with some of Dazzling Diamonds. TAG DECORATION 4. I stamped  my lil' WALRUS  on a punched out '1-3/4 in.' Circle  of Whisper White cardstock  - then while I "maske...

Beautiful Birthday Card from my Daughter

I was ' speechless ' on my birthday when my daughter presented me with her own hand-made card for me! Reason is that when we got up that morning we were in each other's company and yet somehow she managed to sneak off into my craft room and pull this together without me knowing it - - I was totally caught off guard, lol -- and loved it!!! She has always impressed me with her creativity because she doesn't do hand-craft items very often - she is more of an 'online creator' - I have her to thank for all my web banners and general blog technical help :) I was happy to see the cute butterfly resting on the branch, that is something I would not of thought of! Anyways, it was a lovely gesture and a thoughtful card. Beverly SUPPLIES LIST  Stampin' Up!   Eastern Bloom and Kindred Spirit stamp sets. Bella Rose  Designer Paper Pink Pirouette cardstock. 

PAPER GARDEN's MOTHER's DAY CARDS 2018

*click on photos for close-up views Welcome everyone to my blog!   As part of the Paper-Garden's 2018 Mother's Day Cards Challenge I have created a card using Paper-Garden's beautiful cardstock  and a few of my favourite dies and techniques.  To see how you can help determine the winners for the challenge, see below.  close-up  Choosing beautiful colours to celebrate Mother's Day was fairly  easy as I always love the combo of pink, green and white!   To make it more fabulous, Paper-Garden's soft shimmering cardstock  really adds that lovely quality you'd want in a card for your Mom!  Look for their Curious Metallics cardstock. The white base of  my card is their sturdy cover weight in Ice Silver. I am a real fan now! I chose to use my Fantasy Floral 3D Die Set from Altenew , and my  Large Lace Faerie Queen (butterfly) die.  I wanted the title MOM to be simple and in s...